Web Developer (Full Stack)
BloomThis is about creating moments of happiness. A gorgeously arranged bunch on a table immediately brightens the entire place; the smell of a blossoming flower brightens of our day; a handcrafted bouquet lifts our spirits.
At BloomThis, we take pride in going at great lengths to find the most luxurious flowers and bring them right to you. BloomThis is an E-Commerce that offers one-off deliveries or you can subscribe to regular deliveries of fresh flowers sent either weekly or fortnightly a month. Our bespoke flower boxes are uniquely designed to fit in specially handpicked flowers that are sure to delight you.
We’re looking for tech geniuses who have the skills and drive to innovate, enhance and simplify technology. This person should possess the creativity in innovating global standard applications/websites to give our customers the best digital experience possible. Technical expertise aside – we value self-initiators, forward-thinkers, contributors, team players and good communicators.
About the role:
● You will be responsible for conceptualising, planning and designing international-standard apps / websites that are original, simple and user-friendly
● The ideal candidate should have an eye for the latest app / web design trends and superior knowledge in creating impeccable user interfaces and experiences
● Ability to present and defend ideas to peers and executive level stakeholders
● You will be responsible for conceptualising and designing the overall architecture of web applications and be in charge of implementing robust services and APIs to power web applications
● Our ideal candidate is one who is able to build reusable code and libraries for future use, possesses skills in optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability, dexterity in the implementation of security and data protection, expertise in translating UI/UX wireframes into visual elements and competence in integrating front-end with back-end web applications
● Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms and the ability to optimise output to match those specific platforms
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
● Familiarity with e-commerce platform “Shopify” and Magento
● Familiarity with development aiding tools (Bower, Bundler, Rake, Gulp, Composer)
● Knowledge on data migration, transformation and scripting
● Basic knowledge in design (Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator / Sketch / Gimp) and design-related principles behind a scalable application
● Able to manage a hosting environment; including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
● Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests