As an Accounting Intern in REAPRA, you would play an integral part in the daily operations of the company and provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data that would aid in effective decision making and enhancement in process flow efficiency. This role will allow you to grow deep appreciation in the accounting and finance field while developing versatility, honing problem solving skills and managing ambiguity and fluidity present in the start ups environment and the ever-changing market demands.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and liaising with entrepreneurs
- Ownership in the bookkeeping of start ups by keying in of monthly journal entries, understanding of transactions and mapping of accounts
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and supporting
- Update and maintain internal accounting databases and financial records such as convertible bonds and loans interest
- Recommends improvement actions by analyzing real financial data
- Conduct research and design in process-related enhancement
- Liaises with external stakeholders for compliance and regulatory requirements
1. BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
2. Fluent written, spoken and reading capability in English
3. Accounting knowledge and good knowledge of Financial Reporting Standard (FRS)
4. Hands-on-experience with accounting software and/or advanced knowledge of excel is a plus
1. Strong interpersonal skills
2. Conscientious and resourceful
3. Adaptable and comfortable in unstructured environments
4. Character of integrity, inquisitiveness and responsibility
5. Proactive, openness, self motivated and self reflective
Here's what you will love about us:
- Uniqueness of company culture - With deep emphasis on transparency, openness, self-motivation and "learning-by-doing" mindset, we believe in creating excellent outcomes and making better decisions through setting ambitious goals, having meaningful and genuine relationships and thoughtful disagreements.
- Preparation of accountant of the future - with the emerging technology and mega trends in digital disruptions and globalisation, accountants are view as strategic business leaders with higher need for skills relating to people management, problem solving and emotional competency
- Great work/ life balance and flexibility
- Learning and development - internal subject matter experts providing insights and understanding in various areas of interests.